Last updated: 17 July 2017
Doober (also referred to in here as “we”, “us”) operates http://www.doober.co.za (the “Site”) and Doober Mobile Applications. This document informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site and Mobile Applications (“Services”).
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site and Mobile Applications. By using the Site and Mobile Applications, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
While using our Site and Mobile Applications, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: your name, ID number, contact details and payment card details (“Personal Information”). More detail in this regard is given below:
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site and Mobile Applications (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze these statistics.
Other information that we may collect from you when you access our Site and Mobile Applications is as follows:
- Your Location
When you use our services, we collect precise location data so that the Labourer is able to access your site location efficiently. If you permit the Doober applications to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running. Your IP address may also be used to derive your approximate location.
Should you permit Doober to access your address book via the Mobile Applications – we may access and store your contact names and information to facilitate social interactions through our services.
- Transactional Information
Transaction details related to your use of our Site and Mobile Applications will be stored by Doober. These include: date, time the service that was provided, amount charged, the type of service provided and other related transactional details.
- Device Information
We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call Data
Since our Services allow communications between labourers and users – we may receive call data such as date and time of calls, as well as phone numbers.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
We may share the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- With Labourers to enable them to provide your requested services to you. This will include the sharing of your photo, name, contact number, average user rating by Labourers and location.
- With Doober affiliates (third parties) to provide you with the service you have requested via Doober (e.g. promotional offerings).
- With the general public should you submit content in a public forum such as social media posts that are viewable by the general public.
- With third parties that you choose to let us share information with (i.e. other apps or websites that integrate with our API or services or API and services that we integrate with).
- With consultants, vendors, marketing partners and other service providers who need access to your information to carry out work on our behalf.
- With Law Enforcement officials or relative third parties, should we believe that your actions are misaligned with our Agreements; Policies or Terms and Conditions; or to protect the rights, safety and property of Doober Labourers and others.
- During company negotiations such as, mergers, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing etc.
Otherwise we will notify you and request your consent for information sharing.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that relates to our services.
Third Party Links
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, however no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.